Happy new year!!!
I know, I know, I’m a little bit late. But you know what they say…
LOTS of exciting stuff going on at the LIBoudoirPhotography studio!
For starters, my new book–Body & Soul, published by Focal Press–is finally available and shipping earlier than expected. This was a 2+year project, involved a ton of heart and soul, and I’m so happy to finally have it out. Body & Soul builds from my psychology background, my Master’s degree from Columbia University, work experience as an organizational psychologist, and pretty much explains my approach to boudoir — i.e. why I aim higher than just taking pretty pictures. Lots of client stories are included in the book — basically I sent questionnaires to 39 or so women expecting to get back 10-15. Well, I got every single one back and made space for them in the book.
Now that Christmas is behind me, and all my Valentine’s day orders have been placed, I’ve started thinking about changes that need to be made so that 2016 might run a little more smoothly. Don’t get me wrong, 2015 was great – very busy, but, work life-balance was tough and there are always tweaks to be made to refine a business, particularly when you’re a one-woman show. I’ll be posting a blog on some of those changes–all for the better–within the next couple of days.
But for now, as I mentioned on my FB page this morning, I want to make a really exciting announcement:
I am seeking a new spokesmodel for 2016!
My new spokesmodel will not only walk away with cash after each shoot, but will also walk away at the end of the year with a high end album worth several thousand dollars featuring a compilation of our best work together. She’ll also have images to share on social media after our shoots to showcase the work we have done together, while I will have someone else helping to feed the hungry social media machine and images to share with my followers more regularly– something that’s often difficult to do when clients so often request their images remain private.
As I see it, it will be a win-win situation all around.
So without further ado…
Here are the requirements…
You are eligible to submit your name if you are…
- a social media queen…..that means a regular participant on twitter, instagram, pinterest, periscope, youtube, Facebook, and anything else I may not even know exists!
- age 20 – 60;
- an every day woman who is curvy, thin, tall or short, tattooed, scarred, doesn’t matter;
- caucasian, asian, latina, african-american, or any other ethnicity, race or combination thereof;
- able to model about once per month (shoots will of course be scheduled in advance);
- comfortable with and able to have your images shared publicly — if you have too many restrictions please do not apply as shoots may include gowns, lingerie, or implied nudes;
- familiar with my work, appreciate my style and brand of photography, and understand my philosophy and approach to shooting boudoir;
- are fun, creative and interested in collaborating with my creative all-woman team;
- are located on Long Island or able to travel from New York City/Brooklyn/Queens with prior notice;
- are able to commit to the role for throughout 2016 (even if that involves doing maternity shoots at some point).
How to apply for the LIBoudoirPhotography Spokesmodel program:
- Follow me on social media:
Youtube (where I will be starting to post fun and informative videos very soon)
- Share a link to this blog post on twitter (the twitter link at the bottom of this blog makes it a 1-click step); make sure to add the hashtags #bodyandsoulboudoir and #liboudoirphotography, and tag me @boudoirbysusan
- Choose a headshot and one full length clothed shot (dress or bathing suit) and provide a brief description of yourself — who you are, what you do and why you’d be interested in being our spokesmodel; be creative — how you submit your nomination will say a lot about your potential as a spokesperson;
- Deadline for submissions is March 1, 2016.
Test shoots will be conducted with three finalists.
Text messages to my phone and private messages on Facebook will not be considered.
If you do not meet the criteria, but know someone who might be perfect, please share this link with her!
I look forward to the journey 2016 will bring; I’ll be looking forward to sharing it all with my friends and followers, and I’m so so excited to hear from you!
Hugs and smiles,
Long Island’s Leading Boudoir Photography Studio